Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Nutrition Analysis

During this trial period, I realized that my food intake is substantially less balanced than I originally believed. While I was participating in the Falcon Market, I learned to read food labels. I should incorporate this knowledge into my regular diet in order to ensure that I get everything I need. This technique combined with rigorous exercise for 60 minutes each day would probably yielded better results.

I did not eat enough whole grains while I definitely ate more refined grains than I was recommended. Instead of eating refined grains, I can consume more whole wheat bread. This would hep me maintain a healthy balance between the two. In the vegetables department, I lacked red & orange, beans & peas, and starch. The only vegetable I consumed with an "ok" status was dark green. In order to improve my diet, I could mix more peas and beans into my dark green vegetables. This way, I will be able to balance my meal. I am also under for fruits, as I only consumed whole fruit. I could consume more fruit juice in order to balance out the intake to two cups. If I did this, I would be considered ok for fruits. Unfortunately, I was also under for protein, oils, and dairy. I could improve my dairy by drinking more milk and consuming more yogurt. By eating cheese, I can increase my oil intake as well, resulting in a more balanced diet.

I can increase my protein intake by eating eggs with nuts for breakfast. In the afternoon, I could have eaten whole grains with some seafood, like fish. As a snack, I could have had a stick of cheese and some diced apples. In order to end the day with a balanced meal, I could have eaten a salad with some whole grains. If I drizzled some olive oil on my salad, I could probably have fulfilled my oil dietary needs.

If someone consulted me for dietary help, I would probably decline. However, if they were desperate enough to ask me, I would tell them to reduce their empty calories. Sugary sweets should be substituted with fresh and seasonal fruits in order to maximize fruit intake. Instead of eating too many refined grains like me, I would recommend eating whole wheat bread. This is a fantastic way to achieve that perfect whole grain recommendation. Lastly, in order to balance all elements out, I would recommend eating all the veggies first so that the protein, dairy, and oils can fall in line behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment